A fan favorite and kid approved! Quick and easy instant pot beef and broccoli that brings restaurant-quality right to your table!
Don’t worry! I won’t add too much fluff before the actual recipe. That’s actually one of my biggest pet peeves when finding recipes online. Just a quick intro, some small tips then boom the recipe!
One of my favorite types of food is Chinese. I could honestly eat it every day if my wallet would let me. Before I had my pressure cooker I used to follow a recipe for stovetop directions and it was always a hit. But once I purchased my Instant Pot, I knew this was going to be the first thing I cooked in it. Honestly, the instant pot makes almost every stove-top recipe better like my instant pot spaghetti.
The ingredients are the same and pretty standard for any broccoli & beef recipe; beef, broccoli, onion, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, beef stock or broth. What makes cooking it in a pressure cooker different is the cooking time and super tender beef and crisp yet soft broccoli!
When cooking this dish in your Instant Pot or any pressure cooker, the type of meat matters to get flavorful and tender beef. I personally love using flank steak however any type of sliced steak will work. You can also use beef chunks if you prefer. Another important ingredient will be your broccoli. I recommend using frozen broccoli versus fresh. Frozen broccoli is a lot easier to use and pre-cut which cuts down on cooking time!
Well, that’s pretty much it. This is a super easy instant pot broccoli and beef recipe and is fail-proof! I hope you love it as much as my family does.
If you tried it out please share below in the comments!
Instant Pot Beef & Broccoli
- Pressure Cooker
- Steam rack
- 1 ½ lbs flank steak Sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ¾ cup beef stock
- ½ cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place Instant Pot (IP) on Sauté mode and allow it to heat up. It will display "HOT" when it is ready.
- While your IP is heating up, season the sliced flank steak with salt and pepper. Once your IP is ready, add the sesame oil to the pot and then place the steak inside the pot and brown each side. When complete place steak to the side. (you may have to do this in two small batches to ensure browning)
- Add onion and garlic to IP and cook until translucent
- While the onion and garlic cook, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and beef stock together and pour it into the pot. Scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot to prevent the burn notice from appearing.
- Place steak back into the pot and pressure cook on high for 12 minutes then quick release the pressure
- Remove the steak and place the trivet and steam rack into the pot. Add the frozen broccoli into the steam rack and pressure cook on high for 0 minutes, quick release when finished and place broccoli to the side.
- Place the IP in Sauté mode and mix together the cornstarch and water. Pour mixture into the pot and stir to thicken the sauce to your desired thickness. Add in the steak and broccoli and mix together. (If needed add equal parts of cornstarch and water to increase the thickness of the sauce)
- Serve over rice or noodles.